We are proud that our customers include some of the best real estate lawyers in Michigan. We have three attorneys on staff, with 91 years of combined experience.
Having represented banks, borrowers, developers, builders and real estate brokers, we are acutely aware of the needs of your clients, and what we can do to assist them to successfully complete their transactions.
In addition to our usual products and services for real estate transactions, we provide the following for our attorney customers:
- Informational commitments, often used for:
- due diligence purposes before a potential transaction,
- deciding on a course of action for mortgages and land contracts that are in default
- determining interests in land in connection with foreclosure of construction or other liens
- Escrow services for a variety of purposes and transactions, such as seller-financed M&A transactions, obtaining tax clearance certificates and condominium developments.
- Expert witness services in real estate-related litigation. Our past engagements include:
- Mager v Birdwell, et al., Macomb County Circuit Court, Case No. 03-1387-CK.
- Foster-Woutinen, et al., v Jones, et al., Oakland County Circuit Court, Case No. 07-083261-CH.
- National City Bank v Syatt Realty Group, Inc., et al., United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, Southern Division, Case No. 2.07-cv-12438.
- Board of Tuscola County Road Commissioners v Lee Wood Contracting, Inc., et al., Tuscola County Circuit Court, Case No. 06-23685-NZ.
- Bank of America, N.A. v First American Title Insurance Company, et al., Oakland County Circuit Court, Case No. 10-112606CK.
- Tuttle v Anderson, Oakland County Circuit Court, Case No. 12-128774-CH.
- PCA Minerals v Merit Energy Company, LLC, United States District Court, Western District of Michigan, Southern Division, Case No. 1:13-cv-1243
- MP Michigan, LLC, et al v Core Energy, LLC, United States District Court, Western District of Michigan, Southern Division, Case No. 1:13-cv-1154
- Green Tree Servicing, LLC v Nationstar Mortgage, LLC, et al., Ingham County Circuit Court, Case No. 15-541-CH